When you work on a document in which you have a Table of Contents, you must update it so that the page references are correct.
This is what you do:
1. Open your document with the Table of Contents.
2. Insert text, more headings or page breaks in your document.
3. Click in the Table of Contents.
4. Press the F9 key. The first time you press F9, the page numbers are updated.
5. Press F9 again and a dialog box appears. Here you select Update entire table and then click OK.
The Table of Contents is now updated.